Wind and Site
Precise assessment of energy yield and wind resource is a critical component in determining the commercial feasibility of a wind farm, whether offshore or onshore.
During initial planning and concept development phases, the results of wind and site resource assessments are vital in site selection and in supporting decisions around future CAPEX and OPEX costs. The results directly impact the forecasting of the bottom line of a planned project to support stakeholders, including investors and lenders, in the financial decision-making process.
Equally, at advanced project development, financial close or operations and maintenance (O&M) stages, this evaluation facilitates greater accuracy in decision-making with regards to debt sizing, asset integrity management, performance enhancement, life extension or indeed decommissioning of an asset or assets.
Wind resource variability.
Pressure for competitive CAPEX and OPEX costs.
Measuring energy yield during the project lifecycle.
Climate change risk and impact.
OWC’s expert wind and site team offers a broad range of services:
- Conceptual design, site screening and pre-feasibility assessments and/or heat mapping
- Ensemble wake modelling with validated engineering wake models, high-fidelity modelling of wakes and evaluation of blockage effects
- Layout and WTG optimisation to maximise cost-benefit function (LCOE optimisations)
- Tailored CFD and mesoscale modelling for offshore or more complex onshore projects
- Probabilistic loss and uncertainty assessments with Monte Carlo simulations
- Wind potential assessments for designated wind farm areas
- Bank-grade wind resource assessment and energy production assessments
- Post-construction operational yield and reconciliation assessments for refinancing or M&A including portfolio analysis
- Detailed operational SCADA analysis and performance optimisation recommendations
- Third-party energy yield reviews and red-flag analysis during project technical due diligence
- Project-specific advisory to inform secondary losses, like the simulation of floating motion loss using a representative aero-hydro-servo-elastic model
- Climate change analysis
- High-resolution time series analysis for hybrid (wind, solar, energy storage) or Power-2-X (hydrogen, ammonia) optimisation and curtailment modelling
The value we bring
+100 years of collective experience in wind and site.
Iterative and holistic workflow during a project lifetime.
Combination of onshore and offshore wind specialists.
Precise accuracy of energy yield assessments returns value to your project.