Technical Due Diligence
When targeting a renewable energy project, company or technology for acquisition, investment or lending, clients need to know much more than just what the company tell them. They need to know how robust current income streams are and what liability potential lies hidden in the management accounts.
Due diligence is an essential step in the decision-making process of acquiring, investing, divesting or consolidating.
OWC offers specialist technical due diligence supporting the financing, acquisition, sale and refinancing of assets, technology and companies within the renewables and energy market.
With OWC’s assistance, owners and financial institutions can obtain an objective expert view on actual project performance or asset value to make informed decisions related to loans, consolidation or mergers and acquisitions.
With a combination of offshore wind engineers and consultants who have overseen engineering and project management from the first concepts to the operational phase; and mariners who have overseen vessels, rig moves, and major marine operations, OWC is extremely well-placed to perform solid, independent technical due diligence.
Our combined unparalleled technical and commercial expertise makes us a trusted resource during the due diligence phase of any renewables. Services include:
- Pre and post-contract reviews
- Vendor’s, lender’s, acquisition TDD
- Assessment of project schedule feasibility
- Review of studies, e.g. grid, hydrology, etc.
- CAPEX and/or OPEX budget evaluation
- Evaluation of operating and maintenance costs
- Review of logistic concepts for construction and operation
- Review of geophysical and technical studies
- Review of Energy yield Assessment (EPA), including check of applied uncertainties and technical loss factors
- Technology assessment
- Monitoring – construction and operational
Lender’s Technical Advisory
OWC is a leader in Lender’s Technical Advisory and has acted on more than 7,500 MW of renewables roles across Battery Energy Storage Systems, Solar PV and Onshore and Offshore Wind projects. We always represent lenders’ interests, provide independent expertise and advice according to international project financing transaction standards on all technical matters of a project, and ensure confident decision-making. LTA services primarily focus on:
- Contractual structure and participant capabilities
- Permitting requirements
- Site suitability, design, technology and construction, inc compliance requirements
- Project agreements for construction and operations phases
- Construction logistics and vessel requirements
- Operational risk assessments inc, weather and accessibility limitations
- Interface management and contingency planning
- Costs and financial feasibility modelling
The value we bring
+67GW of renewables Technical Due Diligence roles.
Dedicated Technical Advisory / Due Diligence / Independent Engineering team.
Global presence with teams across 63 offices and 38 countries.
Deep understanding of technical performance & regulatory compliance requirements.
7,500 MW of Lender’s Technical Advisory roles.