Subsea Cable Engineering Consultancy
Latest data from the insurance industry suggest that cable issues currently represent circa 80% of claims by volume and circa 75% of value in offshore wind. OWC is involved in both the rectification of some of these issues and in developing new solutions to try and prevent cable failures occurring and more importantly putting into place systems and procedures to prevent them from happening.
OWC provide the services our Clients require to fulfil their mission of designing cable routes, installing and protecting cables, maintaining and repairing cables for their offshore wind projects. Whether the Clients are developers constructing the transmission assets or OFTO’s reviewing for transaction or maintaining the asset; OWC provides the expert support which is required.
It is OWC’s combination of long-term offshore wind and subsea cable experience that ensures a level of expertise unrivalled in this sector:
- Clients benefit from a partner with vast cables experience – Our personnel have over 20 years’ experience of installation and protection of subsea cables in offshore wind. This is augmented with a deeper experience in subsea cables reaching back to the mid-1980s and the development of the safe burial criteria for the new generation of fibre optic telecoms cables.
- Clients benefit from a partner who is involved in developing new state of art solutions:
- We have recently been contracted by a number of different OFTOs and we have developed new repair and maintenance strategies.
- We also recently worked with a major offshore wind farm developer to back analyse cable burial and cable fault incidents in order to establish better working practices and procedures for future projects.
OWC can offer cable services such as:
- Cable Route Design
- Cable Burial Risk Assessments
- Operation and Maintenance Strategies incl. setting up Framework Agreements for survey and maintenance campaigns
- Re-evaluating Cable Risk
- Emergency Cable Repair Service
Please explore further in our service pages: