London, UK or other global OWC office
The Sr. Subsea Cable Project Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind farm projects. The role will involve working on several projects simultaneously and will suit an ambitious and progressive Sr. engineer who is able to work under his/her own initiative and wants to be part of a developing organisation. The role will allow good career progression opportunities either in a technical or a managerial role in the future. You will work in an organisation focused on adding value to the work we do for our clients, and everyone pulls together to make sure we deliver quality deliverables on-time and within budget. You will be challenged to progress, but also part of a friendly and technically excellent team and will always have close mentoring to help you develop to your full potential.
The base office is in Central London, however alternative locations might also be considered. An enthusiasm to work periods of up to 6 weeks offshore would be desirable. There will also be opportunities to work from any of the OWC global offices.
Key responsibilities and duties
- The Sr. Subsea Cable Project Engineer will work as part of a team on engineering and consultancy assignments for a range of offshore wind projects globally. Duties in these projects will involve any or all:
- Deputy Cable Package Management
- Cable route Engineering, Planning, and cable burial risk assessment works
- Cable route survey management and supervision
- Cable installation burial and protection studies
- Landfall appraisal technical studies
- Detailed analyses or cable related issues, typical examples being scour assessment or cable failures
- Conducting and overseeing engineering reviews on Marine Warranty cable projects
- R&D projects to position OWC at the technical edge
- Market Intelligence and suppliers engagement
- In addition, the Sr. Subsea Cable Project Engineer will be expected to:
- Assist (as assigned by the Line Manager) to accomplish the overall delivery of optimum solutions to clients with the timeframe, costs and quality standards established.
- Assist preparing tenders and proposals.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and team members across the ABL Group
- Prepare and deliver presentations to prospective clients marketing the capabilities of OWC.
- Assist developing designs and specifications for cable construction projects.
- Attend regular internal meetings and external / third party meetings as required.
- Ensure all deliverables are conducted in full compliance with approved instructions, procedures, and policies, develop in-house tools and procedures supporting the cable team growth.
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in cable route engineering procedures and feasibility desk top studies
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in cable landing techniques (HDD/Open cut trenching)
- Demonstratable knowledge and experience in cable burial and protection
- Knowledge of Dynamic cables for floating offshore wind applications
- The role is office based with flexibility to working hours. Offshore attendance and travel within Europe, and occasionally further overseas, may be required.
- Interest in developing his/her knowledge/experience in other technical disciplines beyond the cable domain.
- Commercial acumen and ability to establish outstanding client relationships
Recognisable qualification in Engineering, specializing in mechanical, Naval Architecture, Subsea or civil engineering (or similar)
Offshore survival certificates and up-to-date medical certificates for offshore working
Minimum 5 years’ relevant professional experience as a consultant, client, or a contractor with an emphasis on the project management or technical delivery of Subsea cable projects, route engineering studies and subsea cable installation.
Site experience offshore on-board Cable Installation Vessels
Technical skills, knowledge and abilities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of GIS principles
- Excellent report writing skills
- Good sales and business development techniques
- Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices
- Ability to select and apply standard guides, methods, and techniques.
- Formal Project management Qualification (PMP, PRINCE2, APM)
- Proficiency in Orcaflex
- CBRA Knowledge/Experience track of record
- Proficiency in ArcGIS
Behavioural skills and personal attributes
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team including engineers, contract managers or QHSE personnel.
- Ability to work under own initiative with a minimum level of supervision and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work in an offshore environment on an occasional basis.
- Attention to detail and high level of numerical accuracy and the ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to work in a structured and organised way
- High level of proficiency in the English language.
Working knowledge of an alternative European language, preferably German, French, Italian would be an advantage.
- Candidates must have the Right to Work in the UK
- No recruiters or agencies will be considered; direct applications only
- Deadline for accepting applications: 15th October 2021
- Start date: ASAP
- Please apply by filling out the online form and attaching your CV